Money Market & CDs
Money Market Investment Account
The Money Market Investment Account is a tiered-rate deposit account that provides depositors an investment opportunity to earn a higher interest rate for an indefinite period of time without sacrificing liquidity of their funds.
Terms & Conditions
- ATM/Debit card1 access to your account.
- Monthly statement listing all transactions.
- Additions are unlimited and may be made in a variety of methods with no transaction fees.
- Withdrawals made in person are unlimited in number with no transaction fees.
- ATM withdrawals are unlimited in number with no transaction fees when made at a Home Federal ATM.
- Preauthorized transfers from the account are limited to 6 per statement cycle.2
- Minimum amount to open the account is $100.00.
- $2.00 monthly maintenance fee if balance falls below $100.00.
- Money Market Interest Tiers
$0.00 - $2,499.00
$2,499.01 - $24,999.00
$24,999.01 - $99,999.00
$99,999.01 - $999,999.00
- Interest is compounded daily and paid monthly on collected balances.
1ATM/Debit cards are subject to approval.
2Preauthorized transfers include, but are not limited to, Online/Mobile Banking transfers and Bill Payments, debit card transactions, automatic transfer debits, telephone transfers, automatic drafts from the account and checks paid to third parties.
Certificates of Deposit (CDs)
Certificates of Deposit are savings investments that yield the highest interest rates. Because the funds are deposited at a fixed rate for a specific term, the longer term CDs earn a higher interest rate. Click here for current interest rates »
Terms & Conditions
- Minimum amount to open all CDs is $500.00.
- Interest is accrued from the date of deposit and credited interest may be withdrawn during the term of the CD without penalty.
- The minimum balance to earn the annual percentage yield is $500.00.
- Statements for CDs may be combined with statements for checking or statement savings accounts.
- Withdrawals may be made on the maturity date or during the 10 day grace period after maturity without penalty.
- Principal withdrawals are not permitted before the maturity date without penalty*.
- There are 3 interest payment options:
- Credit to the account.
- Interest checks.
- Transfer to another
Home Federal account.
|Certificate Products||Interest Credited||Penalty*|
|2 months loss of interest on the amount withdrawn whether earned or not, based on the simple interest rate on the account.|
|3 months loss of interest on the amount withdrawn whether earned or not, based on the simple interest rate on the account.|
|6 months loss of interest on the amount withdrawn whether earned or not, based on the simple interest rate on the account for all CD terms 1 year and longer.|
($100,000 min.to open)
(Terms: 14 days to 1 year)
|Monthly or at Maturity||3 months loss of interest on the amount withdrawn whether earned or not, based on the simple interest rate on the account.|
*Penalty may be waved under certain circumstances.