Money Market & CDs
Money Market Investment Account
The Money Market Investment Account is a tiered-rate deposit account that provides depositors an investment opportunity to earn a higher interest rate for an indefinite period of time without sacrificing liquidity of their funds.
Terms & Conditions
- ATM/Debit card* access to your account.
- Monthly statement listing all transactions.
- Additions are unlimited and may be made in a variety of methods with no transaction fees.
- Withdrawals made in person are unlimited in number with no transaction fees.
- ATM withdrawals are unlimited in number with no transaction fees when made at a Home Federal ATM.
- Preauthorized and third party transfers, including debit card transactions, are limited to 6 per statement cycle.
- Minimum amount to open the account is $100.00.
- $2.00 monthly maintenance fee if balance falls below $100.00.
- Money Market Interest Tiers
$0.00 - $2,499.00
$2,499.01 - $24,999.00
$24,999.01 - $99,999.00
$99,999.01 - $999,999.00
- Interest is compounded daily and paid monthly on collected balances.
*ATM/Debit cards are subject to approval.
Certificates of Deposit (CDs)
Certificates of Deposit are savings investments that yield the highest interest rates. Because the funds are deposited at a fixed rate for a specific term, the longer term CDs earn a higher interest rate. Click here for current interest rates »
Terms & Conditions
- Minimum amount to open all CDs is $500.00.
- Interest is accrued from the date of deposit and credited interest may be withdrawn during the term of the CD without penalty.
- The minimum balance to earn the annual percentage yield is $500.00.
- Statements for CDs may be combined with statements for checking or statement savings accounts.
- Withdrawals may be made on the maturity date or during the 10 day grace period after maturity without penalty.
- Principal withdrawals are not permitted before the maturity date without penalty*.
- There are 3 interest payment options:
- Credit to the account.
- Interest checks.
- Transfer to another
Home Federal account.
|Certificate Products||Interest Credited||Penalty*|
|2 months loss of interest on the amount withdrawn whether earned or not, based on the simple interest rate on the account.|
|3 months loss of interest on the amount withdrawn whether earned or not, based on the simple interest rate on the account.|
|6 months loss of interest on the amount withdrawn whether earned or not, based on the simple interest rate on the account for all CD terms 1 year and longer.|
($100,000 min.to open)
(Terms: 14 days to 1 year)
|Monthly or at Maturity||3 months loss of interest on the amount withdrawn whether earned or not, based on the simple interest rate on the account.|
*Penalty may be waved under certain circumstances.